9/09/2011

DVDs we recently watched


Brighton Rock
This is the film we missed to see at a cinema. The film is based on the novel by Graham Greene, whose books my husband likes. It is stylish and entertaining gangster film. The beautiful cinematography makes me feel like visiting Brighton again sometime. Acting is good, too.

Chaplin (Starring Robert Downey Jr.)
After seeing this DVD, I felt I need to watch Chaplin films. The film is biographical film of life and times of Charlie Chaplin. It's very interesting to follow his stories from childhood to his later life. If you want to know about Chaplin, watch this film! It's better than I explain.

Italian for Beginners
I thought this would be lighthearted rommantic commedy, but it definetely wasn't. First 30min was very very depressing with bad quality pictures ( I think it is deliberate), then it got better, and became hopeful in the end. It's is worth watching if you like art films.